Confession: out of all the puppy chow recipes I've made, this one is my absolute fave.
Granted, I'm not a chocolate gal and even though everyone is obsessed with this patriotic, Snickers version I made last Summer it's not for me. But a cake batter version? Yes, please.
Another confession? Totally off subject. I think I'm starting to l o v e IG Stories now. I really didn't like it at first. But now most of my favorite snapchatters have stopped posting and mainly use IG. Not to mention I love being able to doodle on IG...if only they could get on board with the filters. Anyone else loving IG stories lately? Follow along and watch my stories here.
Also, my students have recently found my instagram account. Lordy.
One last confession. I've actually post this recipe before but wanted to update the photography for the recipe. And I know I have new followers since posting it anyways..and you don't wanna miss this one.
Okay enough with the confession and more about this recipe. I first made this recipe in college for T and his roommate, and y'all I kid you not over half of the huge batch I made was gone in a day. I tend to make smaller batches now that I know how far a couple cups of the chex cereal goes now. BUT dang those boys could eat.
Not that I blame them, this stuff is killer. And way, way addicting. Don't take my word for it. Try it for yourself.
Snap me your creations @ mary_timmerman.
INGREDIENTS:4 cups of Rice Chex Cereal
10 oz package of Candiquik (or any other melting chocolate)
3/4 cup of Yellow Cake Mix
1/4 cup of Powdered Sugar
1. In a microwavable bowl, melt the Candiquik every 30 seconds. Stirring in between. (about 1.5 min)
2. Add the rice cereal to the Candiquik and stir it in, covering the cereal in the melting chocolate.
3. Pour the powdered sugar and the cake mix in a gallon ziploc bag. Shake to mix.
**add sprinkles to the mix for extra festiveness.
4. Add the cereal to the gallon bag, and shake until covered.
5. Use a slotted spoon (or sifter) to remove the rice cereal without getting all the excess powered sugar-cake mixture.
6. Devour, because yes that's what will happen. ;)
Happy Monday friends. We start testing today, so my step goal is 15k (which is SUPER high for me) but I plan on pacing ALL of testing. May your coffee be strong and your day feel super short. AND may the rest of your week be filled with this deliciousness.
Comment your email below if you have a fitbit so we can challenge each other! And snap me if you make this recipe.