Happy October friends. And hey, it's my birthday week! So naturally I'm celebrating with baking all the goodies. Not that I enjoyed any of these chocolate chip truffles (chocolate ain't my thangg, remember?). But simply being in the kitchen, baking is therapuetic enough.
Have I mentioned all the baking that comes along with fall? Seriously my favorite! Stay tuned for some fall inspired recipes I have up my sleeve.
And in the mean time, today I'm sharing these chocolate chip truffles that are incredibly easy to take to parties and get togethers that will be popping up light crazy the closer we get to the holidays. And whenever I take these mini, bite-size truffles anywhere they always disappear in the blink of an eye.
Chocolate Chip Flavored Oreos
Cream Cheese, 8oz package, softened
1 cup of chocolate chips
1 tsp (give or take) vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
*or use the candiquik melting chocolate (I've used this several times and it's tasty and easy).*
1. Crush oreos completely (I prefer a food processor because it's easier ;) )
2. Add in softened cream cheese, and mix well.
3. Roll mixture into balls and place onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
4. Freeze mixture for 30 minutes, or chill in the refridgerator for 1 hour.
5. Put ingrdients for chocolate coating into a microwave safe bowl, and melt in 30 second increments. Stir occasionally.
6. Dip truffles into the chocolate and let harden on the wax paper. enjoy!