These cheesy flavor bombs, are a mix of something I once saw on The Kitchen (the BEST Food Network show that comes on every Saturday morning) and monkey bread.
My family has taken the traditional monkey bread and put a twist on it by adding cream cheese into the middle of each biscuit. YUM! So these little babies are kinda like a cousin to our beloved gorilla bread.
Swap out the cream cheese for chunks of ooey gooey mozzarella cheese, and change the brown sugar combo for a buttery mixture with Italian seasonings and you've got these cheesy garlic rolls.
16 oz can of refrigerator buttermilk biscuits
1 block of mozzarella cheese
1/4 cups (4 tbsp) of butter, melted
1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 425 F
2. Cut each biscuit in half and spread out flat.
3. Place a chunk of mozzarella cheese in the middle of the biscuit, and wrap the biscuit up around the cheese.
4. Place in a muffin tin with the seam down.
5. Repeat until your 16 rolls are filled.
6. In a small bowl combine the melted butter, dried spices, salt and minced garlic.
7. Brush half of the butter mixture onto the rolls.
8. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
9. When the biscuts are golden brown, take them out of the oven and brush the remaining buttery mixture on them.
10. Serve, and be prepared for a lot of buttery, cheesy, gooey mess.
Now about that mess. You know the food is going to be good is there is cheese and butter all over your hands afterwards. And that's where my Viva® Towels step up to the plate.
Viva® Towels are perfect for wiping up messes on hardwood floors and your hands. There's just something about having a trusty brand of paper towels that will clean up your messes. Especially, when are you are a mess in the kitchen making even messier cheesy garlic rolls.
I also picked up a roll of Viva® Vantage® Towels for this Summer. They have a woven texture that makes them really good for scrubbing (even the grill!) or hard to clean substances like syrup. I guess you could say I see a lot of grilling and breakfast for dinner in my near future. ;)
You guys seriously need to make these garlic rolls (that are so super easy), and tomorrow I'm sharing a pizza recipe that pairs wonderfully with the rolls.
Anyone else a tornado in the kitchen like myself? What kinda messes are you dealing with? Want to find out how Viva® Towels can help clean up your summertime fun? See more here.