The year after I graduated, before Thomas and I got married, I spent a lot of my free time with my grandparents. As in at least twice a week. And during that time I was able to eat dinner with them several times a week, too. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it before, but if not...they're the B E S T cooks I know. Hands down.
So, today I'm sharing one of my favorite recipes from our dinners shared that is perfect for when the weather warms up. Which here in SC is like yesterday (this weekend it got in the 90s), and trust me I'm not complaining...yet. ;)
Summer Tortellini Salad.
10 oz of cheese tortellini
1/4 C olive oil
2 tsbp red wine vinegar
2 tsp dried rosemary
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp sugar
1 1/2 C diced ham (we bought it already diced, less work)
16oz artichoke hearts, drained
1/2 C chopped black olives
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook tortellini according to the package, until fully cooked.
2. Strain tortellini and put in a large mixing bowl.
3. Mix the remaining ingredients in with the tortellini and combine thoroughly.
4. Cover the bowl and let it sit for 20 to 30 minutes.
5. Serve at room temperature with grated parmesan (if you prefer).