4 Cups of Rice Chex Cereal
1 Cup of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1/4 Cup of Butter
1/2 Cup of Peanut Butter
2 Cups of Powdered Sugar
SNICKERS® Mini Unwrapped (I got the family size bag and had more than enough)
M&Ms® Red White & Blue Peanut, 42 oz bag.
1. Measure out and set aside the chex cereal.
2. Pour powdered sugar into a gallon size ziploc bag and set aside.
3. Together put the peanut butter, chocolate chips, and butter into a medium bowl, and microwave until melted. Mix well.
4. Stir chex cereal into the melted mixture and coat thoroughly.
5. Scoop half of coated chex cereal into the powdered sugar ziploc bag. Seal the bag, and shake like a mad woman until the cereal is now covered in powdered sugar.
6. Take cereal out and put in an air tight container.
7. Repeat steps 5 & 6 until every piece of cereal is covered.
8. Take SNICKERS® Minis unwrapped, cut into smaller pieces and add to the muddy buddy mixture.
9. Add in the M&Ms® Red White & Blue Peanuts.
My in-laws and hubby loved this mix. Y'all I'm warning you now, these muddy buddies are addicting. And I'm loving that the M&Ms® add a patriotic vibe (perfect for MDW or later this Summer for July 4th -- heck, all year long its trendy to be patriotic ;) ).
Right now Walmart stores, exclusively, are hosting "1 for You, 1 for the Troops" in store events. Personally, I am 100% behind the men and women that are fighting for our freedom. Their bravery and sacrifice is something that amazes me, and all the while we get to enjoy 3 day weekends and delicious treats like today's recipe.
Pick up your M&M's® Red, White, & Blue Peanut and Skittles® America Mix at your local Walmart. For more patriotic recipe ideas visit here.
|Eddie's homecoming from his 2nd deployment #allthehearteyes|