Peppermint Chocolate Sandwich Cookies (2 packages, approx. 36 cookies)
8oz Cream Cheese Package, softened
White Chocolate Melting Candy (1 package)
Candy Canes (approx. 2-3)
1. Crush the chocolate sandwich cookies in the food processor (or in a plastic bag with a spoon).
2. In a medium bowl, mix the cookie crumbs with the softened cream cheese.
3. Roll the mixture into small balls (about tablespoon size) and place on a cookie sheet.
4. Place toothpicks in each ball, and then chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
5. Melt the candy melt according to the directions on the packaging.
6. Dip each truffle in the melted white chocolate and place on parchment paper.
7. Remove the toothpick and let harden.
*optional: top each trushed with crushed candy canes. This must be done immediately before the white chocolate hardens. This gives the truffles that extra peppermint flavor to really taste the holiday spirit.
These Rubbermaid TakeAlongs make it super easy to travel with these a m a z i n g truffles. I especially love the "deep squares" because you can fit that much more in them. That means more left overs for us to take home. Just layer parchment paper or paper towels in between to stack the truffles to fill up these deep squares!
And just for kicks and giggles, anyone wanna guess where I picked these bad boys up? You guessed it, the ever so trusty Walmart. Man, I love that store! You can find the TakeAlongs holiday selections at your local Walmart, including: Deep Square, Serving Bowl, and even trays for Deviled Eggs.
I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who finds it hard to be closing up containers like these, but thanks to the Quik Clik Seal™ Technology Feature these Rubbermaid TakeAlongs containers are super easy to close. Finally, amiright?!