Is it just me or did Halloween arrive rather quickly this year?
Now that Thomas and I are starting to settle into our house I've finally had some time to start baking. And this recipe is a real treat. Just in time for Halloween, these Upside Down Mini OREO Cheesecakes will knock your socks off. And really, who doesn't love mini cheesecakes? Not to mention these OREO cookies come in GLOW in-the-dark packages. #mindblown
These mini OREO cheesecakes are perfect for Halloween parties. Not to mention pairing them with the Fanta mini cans makes for a great mini black and orange combo. Halloween win.
Thomas is a HUGE chocolate fan. Like the biggest there is. These mini cheesecakes were totally up his ally. But really they're the perfect treat for anyone at a party. They may look rich, but they're light and just the right amount cream cheesy.
OREO Glow-in-the-dark 30 ct. packaging
2 - 8oz Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 C Sour Cream
1/2 C Sugar
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
*yields 12 cheesecakes
1. Preheat the oven to 350
2. Line the cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
3. Place OREOs in each cupcake tin and set aside.
4. Crush up 18 OREOs and set aside.
5. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the softened cream cheese and sugar.
6. Add in the sour cream and vanilla. Continue mixing until all is mixed thoroughly.
7. Add in eggs, one at a time, beat on low.
8. Stir in crushed OREOs.
9. Pour batter into cupcake tins.
10. Bake for 20 minutes (or until center is set) on 350.
11. Cool and then chill in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
12. Take off cupcake lines, place upside down and ENJOY.
As always, I found these glow-in-the-dark OREOs while doing my grocery shopping at Walmart. I mean this idea is genius y'all. The wrapper glows when it's exposed to light, and will make trick-or-treating that much more exciting. So of course, you know I had to snatch them up. Good ole Walmart, never fails y'all.
For more recipes including OREO and Fanta, check out these custom, Walmart-exclusive recipes from Evette Rios, host of the CBS show, Recipe Rehab.
|just as cute, when they're still in the wrapper|
Pair these mini cheesecakes with a mini Fanta soda, and your are set for any Halloween festivity.
What is your favorite Halloween treat? Do you have plans to pair OREOs and Fanta this halloween? Happy Monday loves.