Last week I shared, one of my favorite recipes my mama would make in the Summertime when I was younger, Strawberry Shortcake. And today I'm back with another recipe from my mom's kitchen. But this recipe is a family favorite all year round. "Chocolatey Declare" as I called it when I was younger has been a hit anywhere my mom has ever taken it...and I'm not even exaggerating.
Today's recipe from my mama's kitchen? Chocolate Eclair.
Chocolate Eclair is something that you have to try at least once in your life; and trust me, once you've tried it you'll be craving to have it again. The graham crackers are the perfect soft texture, without becoming mushy. The pudding layer is so pillowy and the mellow vanilla flavor up against the rich chocolate topping is the perfect balance.
confession: i'm not a chocolate fan (I know, I know) so I usually scrape off the chocolate top and it's still one of my fave desserts. but i'm guessing you'll devour that chocolatey goodness right up.
Oh, and did I mention it's crazy easy...because it is.
Chocolate Eclair Dessert
1 box of Graham Crackers
2 4oz boxes of Instant Vanilla Pudding
1 container of Cool Whip
Chocolate Fudge Frosting 16oz (my mom suggest getting the "fudge" kind over plain chocolate frosting to create a good texture for the top of your dessert)
1. Make Instant Vanilla Pudding. Whisk together both packages of the pudding with 4 cups of COLD milk for 2 minutes. Refrigerate until the pudding is soft set.
2. Layer Graham Crackers along the bottom of your 9x13 pan.
3. Get pudding out of the refrigerator (once it has set softly) and fold in a container of Cool whip.
4. Pour half of the pudding mixture on top of the graham crackers and spread evenly.
5. Add another layer of pudding & another layer of graham crackers.
6. Warm the chocolate fudge frosting in the microwave for 1 minute
7. Let it cool and "set" in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, but overnight is recommended.
Now head on over to your local grocer and grab up these ingredients. Your family will thank you, and you will then have a go-to never fail recipe under your belt for all parties and get togethers. Bon Appetit!
Just look at those layers, I'm drooling as I type. ;)